I am so grateful for such an outstanding 2011 and know 2012 will be even better. So many awesome things have happened in the last few months that I’ve been to busy to blog regularly…SO…here’s a little “End of 2011 Review.”
1. I was honored to be a part of a show here in Seattle at the Platform Gallery. To promote the shot I did a quick interview with Jen Graves at The Stranger about it while cooking Thanksgiving Dinner. Check it out!
2. I have a big exhibition up until the end of January at the East Shore Unitarian Church in Bellevue hosted by the camera club f5.6 and sponsored by 4Culture. If you’re a local go check it out! You don’t have to be a part of the church to enjoy it. For more information go HERE
3. I had so much fun visiting and lecturing with my old friend Eli (who you may recognize) who curated this exhibition of queer artists at the Williams Way LGBTQ community center in Philadelphia. Read a bit about it HERE
4. After Philly I flew straight off to NY to give a talk as part of an exhibition at the Camera Club of New York. The enthusiastic crowd of family, friends and supporters quickly eased my nerves and the night went off without a hitch! The exhibition was wonderful as well and I was so happy to see all the great work in person! Curated by Tema Stauffer from Culturehall – Read more HERE
5. As mentioned in another blog post, I was able to attend and take part in the Photography + Publishing conference hosted by Lightwork Gallery + Syracuse University. I pushed by nerves aside and took part in a panel with Andy Adams, Amy Stein and Phil Toledano about Web 2.0 Publishing. It was so much fun! You can see the live stream video below!
THANK YOU to everyone who made this year so fun and rewarding. Here’s to a productive and inspiring 2012!!